Friday, October 23, 2009

Different but All the Same..............PPA13.....

Halloween is quite the event in our neighborhood. We often have over 100 trick or treaters! I try to make a few special treats for our closest neighbors. These little pockets will hold a treat or two and some Halloween stickers. They are a snap to make and happen to qualify for Pals Paper Arts Challenge 13 - Anything but a Card. I used a friendly mix of last year's and this year's Halloween designer paper. I cut out 2 top notes for each pocket, folded down a flap and tied a ribbon. Then I got busy with the Spooky Treats rub-on set. They are all different but really all the same. I made two more for my grown-up kids. (No stickers for them - they prefer lottery tickets!) Next I think I will make some for my co-workers at the library - they like treats too. Seems that saying applies to people as well - we are different but really all the same.................

17 comments:

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh, how clever!! You did an AWESOME job ... and what a GREAT idea to include lottery tickets for your kids!! I DEFINITELY see a CASE here!! :)

Thanks for sharing your inspiration!!

Patti MacLeith said...

Linda, these are just TOO cute! I love the idea of a pocket using the Top Note!

Jane Giggy said...

Linda, These are so cute and I bet they don't take long to make. You are very talented!

Margaret Moody said...

These are precious, Linda! I love that you used the Top Note die for this! I'm sure ALL of your trick-or-treaters, no matter what their age, will love these! Great idea!

Kim said...

Linda, these are just fantastic! I bet those neighbors are the first at your door to see what you've come up with for this year. Very cute!

Cards by Gina said...

Love these! They're absolutely adorable and look so festive and fun! Great job!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful, Linda! I love the combination of DSPs that you used. Can I come "Trick or Treat" at your house? Great job!

Carla said...

Oh so cute, I love these. Hugs,

Barb said...

They are adorable!!!! Will I want to make a 100 of them for the next card party?

Mary Fish said...

This is fabulous. I haven't seen a pocket made with the top note dies. Did you use Sticky Strip to hold them together? Hugs, M

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Super cute Linda! Such a great use for the Top Note die! And I know your trick or treaters will love these!

Kim said...

Great use of the top note die - adorable goodies!!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Linda!
These are fabulous, beautiful papers!

Blessings, Maria

Melissa said...

These are adorable! How cool! I adore these..you always make the most awesome creations!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I was going to make these pouches last night ... you may just see some coming soon on my blog too.

LOVE your halloween treat sacks. CUTE!!

Cheryl said...

These are just too cute...what great little treat bags!

Paola said...

These are great, love the use of the top note tie, the treats are really effective looking and your neighbors and co-workers are really lucky.