Monday, November 17, 2014

High Flying - CAS(E) this Sketch






Making cards that will easily mail is like trying to pack everything you need on vacation in your carryon bag.  You want to look nice when you get there.......and you really need those wedge heels.......and just a few accessories.....and a sweater or two...and maybe some cool boots....... In the end you bring the little black dress, a bright scarf and a casual outfit for the plane.  

I have relatives in England and every year I try for a simple but classic card to make that trek across the ocean.  So here's my version of the "classic black dress with just a pop of color".  The tops of the houses from Holiday Home have a definite European feel and the simple twine will hardly make a bump in the envelope - perfect!

The 100th sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch was my inspiration. Congrats to all of the wonderful designers there who have provided inspiration 100 times!


                                                 

9 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Perfect card for mailing! Love it!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh my gosh...this is the perfect card all around, Linda!! I LOVE IT! Makes me smile:) P.S. I am behind on my stalking but am loving each and every card you put your crafty hands on!

Kitty A. said...

You are absolutely spot on with this card. Everything wonderful boiled down to mailable! Thanks for the inspiration.

stampwithamyk said...

Too cute! Perfect take on the sketch. Love it!

AB. said...

This is so gorgeous!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Too cute! I love the housetops and Santa over them…perfect use of this set, Linda!

I Card Everyone said...

Linda... you caught my eye with those roof-tops! So cute! My first stop by, but not my last!
=] Michele

Cindy Hall said...

This card is so fabulous, Linda! I love how you joined the houses together for a totally different look and curved the sentiment. Awesome mail-friendly card!

Kim S said...

What a fabulous way to use that sketch (I thought it was tough - but you clearly saw the possibilities!)