Sunday, April 17, 2016

Just My Style.....PP291, CTS168





Pretty much everything in my life - not just my cards -  is clean and simple!  But some people I know question my simple style.  Long ago I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding.  We were all dressed and headed to the limo when she said to me "Quick I need to see you back in the bathroom right away!"  Before I knew it she had locked the door behind us and said, "Don't think for one minute that you are going to walk down the aisle at my wedding without a bit of makeup on!"  Yikes - who wants to argue with a bride minutes before her wedding!?!?  So I sat on the edge of the tub and let her paint away and prayed she didn't get anything on her dress!

Many years later my daughter called me into the dressing area of her bridal suite as she got ready for her big day.  As I walked through the door I heard the familiar click of the lock behind me.  Yep there stood my cousin.....makeup kit in hand......




Sandy's CAS Butterfly theme this week at the Paper Players is just my style!  




I love the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch this week........




Global Design Project has a nature theme this week......


Stamp Sets:  Kinda Eclectic, Watercolor Wishes
Paper:  Love Blossoms DSP, Crumb Cake, Vellum



20 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL....you look good with makeup or without! And so does this card! I love your neutral theme, very pretty! Beautifully CAS! And it works perfectly with the GDP challenge too...why do I keep missing those?!

Unknown said...

Love your clean and simple style on your cards as well as your "face". I, too, do not wear makeup. That is money I can spend on stamping supplies... and look how much time we save! Lol.

stampwithamyk said...

Fantastic CAS card Linda! I won't wear makeup either and I'm sure that unless someone locks me in a bathroom with their paintbrush in hand, I never will! :)

Colleen Begley said...

Clean and simple and Beautiful. The beige and white is a favorite paring of mine. I frequently wear tan pants with a white shirt for work because it so classic. Love the patterned paper with the butterfly. A great match.

Dawn Tidd said...

Sweet and simple! Love the curved edgelit for the banner piece and the butterfly! I've seen lots of them lately!

Unknown said...

Perfection, just as it is. As are you. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love you card Linda - colours, pattern and butterfly a perfect combination! I had to chuckle about your story - I rarely wear make up; I think life really is too short!

laurie said...

LOL funny story!!

Your card is perfectly CAS...love those enamel dots..and what a great sketch!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh Linda you are too funny, I loved reading your makeup story! I love your monochromatic butterfly creation too, so pretty!

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

Karren said...

Funny story and an adorable card - love how you've used the sketch!

Hannelie said...

Linda this is beautiful! I love the neutral color palette!
So glad to see you play at CTS!
Have a great week!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Shwetablog said...

nice

Nance Leedy said...

You crack me up, Linda! What a fabulous story. I agree with the others...love your style and you--with or without makeup! Love the neutrals of this card and the layered vellum is so soft and lovely.

Claire Broadwater said...

Linda, you always make me LOL! I love you with or without makeup!
Your neutral color palette is gorgeous! The layout is perfect, too! CAS perfection! XX

I Card Everyone said...

Linda this card doesn't need a touch of color in my boo - yes, this, and your cute face are perfect in my book!!! Thanks for playing cards with us this week!!
=]

Chrissy Larson said...

I love this card! The white on the kraft and that cute butterfly is adorable!

Michelle said...

So beautifully CAS..... perfect for CTS#168!

Jaydee said...

ROFL about the makeup kit and your cousin. What a pair of wonderful stories! I love your vellum layered butterflies and the three pearls. Gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch, too. CAS perfection
hugs
jaydee