Sunday, April 3, 2016

Welcome to the Neighborhood! PP289





I love Laurie's Western theme this week at the Paper Players!  I grew up watching Westerns on TV with my dad.

WagonTrain.....Rifleman.....Gunsmoke.....Bonanza...Rawhide....Roy Rogers and Dale Evans......Annie Oakley......Gene Autry.......Wyatt Earp....

I am dating myself but I know some of you are nodding and singing the theme songs in your head!  My mother is a city gal born in England and could never understand the allure of campfires, horses and wide open spaces!  I think she did figure out the allure of cowboys though....... ;0)

Anyway......when our new neighbors move in down the street I will package up some cookies with this card tucked inside.  And there's a new sheriff in town these days......I will take her along to guard the shipment!











Stamp Set:  Home Sweet Home by Avery Elle
Ink:  Distress Inks for background and Zig markers for teepees
Die Cuts:  Stitched Mountains, Stitched Hillsides


13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

What a cool card! Love your background layers and your sentiment is just perfect with your images. I am quite certain that the little sheriff was a huge help guarding the cookies...too cute! :)

LeAnne said...

Yep, those were ones my dad watched too....and DH STILL watches them on Antenna TV! What a great theme for your western card...surprised I have not seen this stamp in blogland before! AND how cute is your little cowgirl...and her horse! Just adorable!

Claire Broadwater said...

Linda, I used to watch all the Westerns, too! I must admit, Little Joe Cartwright had a piece of my heart! I still want to be a cowgirl when I grow up! Your little Sheriff is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

I can not begin to tell you how much I LOVE this card! I collect Native American art and this card speaks to me! I want one when I move to my new home! HINT HINT! And by the way, your coloring is amazing! XXXX Have a great week, My Friend!

HJ said...

Cute card. The tepees are great and I love your coloring and the mountains. Your new neighbors will love it. I only watched a few of those shows...most were too scary for me. I didn't like guns and fights way back then. Who knew how scary the world would become with open carry laws!

laurie said...

LOL..fun post to read! I remember some of the shows. I love your tepees and mountains...what an awesome western scene!

Have a rootin' tootin' Sunday!

Dawn Tidd said...

You're right, you've got me hummin'! I love those tee-pee stamps & dies and what a cute "welcome" they'll give your new neighbors, especially accompanied by that cute sheriff!

Karren said...

This is fantastic! And who doesn't understand the allure of cowboys :)

Nance Leedy said...

I think that sheriff might be a pink cookie bandit in disguise! No disguising the cleverness and creativity of this card, though. Great colors and I adore the layout. Your new neighbors will love it!

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, your teepees are awesome and what a perfect new home card, Linda! And my goodness, can that little cowgirl be any cuter?!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fab card Linda - I hadn't even considered red indians - my creative mind is now racing once more! I love your little sherriff too; brings back memories of my daughter in her pink stetson and cowgirl waistcoat too!

Diane said...

What a delightful design and colors Linda.

Hugs Diane

Unknown said...

Cute, cute and colorful "neighborhood" houses. Love them.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love your take on the "new neighborhood"... so cute! and speaking of cute... nothing cuter than your new Sheriff! Hugs.