Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Send Love - Not Snow.....FMS279



The big guy is on his annual birthday ski trip with our son so I am holding down the fort during a wild March blizzard. There's two feet of fresh snow in our yard with more on the way tomorrow. I decided to create a bit of springtime in my craft room and did some watercoloring with my Zig markers in pink and green.  This was my view at noon on Tuesday - I could hardly see my neighbor's house!  But I am sure there are roses somewhere under that snow right?




And cards aren't the only place you could use pink sequins......they worked real well on the t-shirts we wore to an amazing Garth Brooks concert last weekend!  






I love my friend Rita's sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  She loves layers and banners and put some in her sketch - fun!  Hope you join us!


                                        

Stamp Sets:  Amazing You (Altenew) Sunshine Sayings (SU) Give Thanks (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Black, White, Tasty Treat DSP
Ink: Zig Markers, Black

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, so you're the ones who got all our snow, LOL! We only got a measly 6"!!! Hope you're safe and sound, and by looking at your card, spring is less than a week away!!!

Amy O said...

Oh, my! This flower is gorgeous! And I love how you've used it with this sketch. This card has such a WOW factor. I hope you soon see flowers like this blooming when you look out your window instead of all that snow.

Karren said...

I think this is one of my favorite cards of yours, ever, Linda! Every little detail is perfect and that rose is beeeee-utiful (had to stretch that out for emphasis).

HJ said...

What a beautiful card, Linda. I love your coloring and the layers plus the gorgeous rose. Yes, it will be spring before long and this helps put me in a spring frame of mind. Here in northern Delaware we dodged a bullet yesterday and only got probably 4" of snow and 2" of sleet on top. It is piled everywhere but the roads are clear. Enjoy your time alone.

Cécile RIBON said...

It's definitely my lucky day, Linda ... First, I saw your gorgeous card with a Parisian inspiration and now this wonderful rose ... my favorite flower ... Such a beautiful take on the sketch.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Oohhh so pretty! This would make a nice Easter card layout too. Love your "Spring" coloring.
Would make my day IF SPRING would finally SPRUNG!
I feel bad for all that snow that dumped on you... but I know you all like to ski... so you have that. Me .... not so much. Especially since winter was so mild...hate to get the white stuff now. Hugs

Lynn Hoyt said...

Linda, this card is stunning! I just have to know, where did that rose come from? Pretty please?

Jen Mitchell said...

You have definitely created a bit of springtime with this card. This is absolutely beautiful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is a total WOW card for me Linda - I am totally in love with everything about it, especially that stunning flower!