Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Toucan of My Appreciation







When I taught third grade we learned about toucans when we studied the rainforest. The kids loved to write simple punny poems using the word toucan.  I gave an example or two like this:

What can scare a toucan?  BOO-can!

What can float a toucan?  A CANOE-can!

Who can write a pun about a toucan?  YOU-can!

If you have a punny toucan question and answer I would love to hear it!




I am delighted to be the guest designer at the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!  I decided to go corner to corner and picked Puns - Accents - Metallics.  Check out the wonderful inspiration from the Tic Tac Toe Design Team and then pick your own line of design inspiration!




I based my layout on the sketch at Cas(e) this Sketch.




Stamp Set:  Bird Banter
Paper:  Silver Foil, Whisper White, Springtime Foils
Ink: Black, Copics
Accents:  Black Rhinestone, Silver Cord, Wonky Stitches Die


10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

What a cute design! Love your stitched edges and the little peek of foil paper under your focal panel is perfect. Great design! :) You are definitely too punny. ;)

Dawn Tidd said...

Who can make great cards? Tou-can! This is so cute, love you layout! I live with a very punny man, so I've heard lots of them!

Brian King said...

Such a great card! I hate to admit that I adore your jokes, but I do. Love the simplicity of your card and all the gorgeous colors on your toucan. <3

I Card Everyone said...

How many can play this game??? Toucan!!
Thanks for playing cards with us at CTS this week, Linda! I love your puns, and this fun interpretation of the Sketch!
=]

Teresa-WCS said...

This is just downright adorable! The perfect combination of a punny sentiment with a great CAS design! Thanks for guesting with us this week!

Ginger said...

Totally fun post Linda! The puns are too punny. I am trying to resist buying Bird Banter but I think you may have tipped the scales with this cutie.

Unknown said...

Linda,

What girl doesn't have a Punny sense of humor. I love the adorable and beautifully colored Toucan. So happy you joined us this week as Guest Designer over at Tic Tac Toe challenge this week.

Karren said...

Ha! This is too(can) cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well that's clever! I'm pretty sure I can't write a punny poem but I love the colorful Toucan!

Leigh Penner said...

I love your toucan pubs and your super fun card! Great take on the sketch!